Recipes for Homemade Potato Dog Treats
Potato dog treats are a favorite of many canines. And even better, making these delicious gourmet dog treats is pretty easy, even for an amateur baker! A really easy treat (to be fed in moderation, of course) is to make a "doggy cake" of 1 lb of ground beef, about a cup of oatmeal, enough eggs to hold it together (usually around 5 or 6 large fresh eggs), and some chopped veggies. Mix it all together and bake until it's set... and then "frost" it with mashed potatoes.
This article may contain affiliate links. When you purchase through links on this site, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Check out another one of many recipes below for simple homemade potato dog treats.
*** Never feed your dog potato leaves or stems, and cut away any green spots or growths/sprouts on the potato prior to using it. These can contain toxins that are harmful to dogs.
Homemade Potato Balls for Dogs
1 cups mashed potatoes
1 medium shredded carrot
1 egg yolk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- With a fork, combine the mashed potatoes and shredded. Mix in egg yolk.
- Form the potato mixture into about 2 dozen miniature balls.
- Place potato balls on lightly greased cookie sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Let cool fully... then let your dog enjoy!