Dog Treats Carob Recipies
Chocolate is a well-known toxin to dogs. So instead of using chocolate in homemade dog treats, use carob chips instead. These tasty little morsels can be found in many health food stores or you can also buy carob chips online. Here is just one of many dog carob treat recipes that are easy to make from home.
This article may contain affiliate links. When you purchase through links on this site, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Homemade Doggie-licious Carob Treats
1 cup peanut butter
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 cup milk
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 tbsp. sugar
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 cup carob chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat eggs with peanut butter, then add milk and combine well.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, sugar, and baking powder.
- Combine the dry mixture with the peanut butter mixture. Mix well.
- Stir in carob chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto lightly greased cookie sheet, leaving about 1" in between cookies.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until biscuits look just barely "dry" in the middle and are baked through. Do not overbake! The biscuits will naturally harden as they cool.
- Let cool before removing from cookie sheet.
- Call your dog over for a tasty homemade treat!
Our dogs go crazy for these carob treats! Variety is good too, though - check out more recipes for delicious, gourmet, and homemade dog treats.