Vegetarian Dog Treats: Tasty Homemade Dog Biscuits
Looking for an easy-to-make recipe for vegetarian dog treats?
Look no further! This simple recipe makes tasty homemade
and they're very quick. If you want a crisper cookie,
turn off the oven after baking and leave the treats inside to
harden slightly. Store the cookies in an airtight container
to preserve freshness. Our dogs love these vegetarian dog
treats. We use a bone-shaped cookie cutter so that we don't mistake
them for our own cookies. There are lots of other dog-themed
Veggie Dog Biscuits
3/4 cup boiling water
2 reduced-salt vegetable bouillon cubes
2 tbsp. sugar
3/4 cup skim milk powder
1 whole egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup shredded carrot
2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Dissolve bouillon cubes in boiling water. Stir in sugar and milk powder.
- Add oil and egg and beat until combined. Add carrot.
- Mix in flour to form a dough. Roll out to about 1/4" thickness and cut into shapes.
- Place biscuits on lightly greased cookie sheet and bake approximately 30 minutes or
until golden. Let cool before removing from cookie sheet and offering
your dog one of these tasty vegetarian treats!