Recipes for Scrumptious Peanut Butter Dog Treats
Many dogs find peanut butter dog treats irresistable...
and even more so when they're fresh and homemade! Our own
dogs sit by the oven when they smell them baking. Below
you will find a wonderful recipe so that you can make
your own dog treats
... and these peanut butter dog treats both smell and taste delicious! (... or so the
dogs tell me...)
Peanut Butter Doggie Biscuits
3 tbsp. peanut butter
1/2 cup oil
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/2 cups water
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup fine cornmeal
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Beat together peanut butter and eggs. Gradually beat in oil and water until well-mixed.
- In a separate bowl, thoroughly combine flour, oats, and cornmeal.
- Add the flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture and blend well to form a dough.
- Roll out the dough to approx. 1/4" thickness and cut into shapes
with a dog-themed cookie cutters,
or just slice them into squares if you don't have cookie cutters. You can also shape them into long
fingers, and lightly score them at 1" intervals - this will make it easy to break the biscuits into
- Place on lightly greased cookie sheet, leaving about 1/2 inch between biscuits. Bake for 20 minutes until browned.
Turn off oven, but leave the biscuits inside to "crisp".
Once the biscuits have hardened, remove them and treat your dogs!
Store the remaining biscuits in an airtight container. If you like,
give a jar of these scrumptious peanut butter dog treats to a friend
whose dog is sure to appreciate it!